Kid’s World strives to provide a safe, secure, and nurturing environment for each child to explore and discover learning through a variety of ways. Kid’s World strives to provide a learning environment and varied experiences that are developmentally appropriate for each child to grow socially, emotionally, cognitively, and physically. Learning occurs through both student-initiated and teacher-initiated lessons through experiencing and doing in a multi-sensory environment.
- All children can learn.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs.
- Student learning is the chief priority for our school.
- Teachers, director, parents, students, and community members share in the responsibility for providing a supportive learning environment within our school.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement should guide the development of the curriculum and the design of instructional strategies and learning activities.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Assessments of student learning should provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement and real contexts to apply their learning.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
HISTORY/PURPOSE OF THE CENTER
Kid’s World is a West Virginia Corporation, established in 2009 by Dawn Voysey. The purpose of Kid’s World is to provide a learning environment and varied experiences that are developmentally appropriate for each child to grow socially, emotionally, cognitively, and physically. Kid’s World will serve children from 3 years to 12 years of age. Kid’s World offers a variety of programs that include: preschool, before & after school care, summer programs, and mini classes. Kid’s World provides educational services and enrichment activities to Berkeley County, WV; North Winchester, VA; Frederick County, VA; and Jefferson County, WV.
Kid’s World is a licensed center through DHHR.